Friday, May 24, 2013

Unexpected Great Weather


It is cool again. It gets up only to about 16° during the afternoon, but what perfect weather for walking. I took medicine to Rita, the woman I look after who lives at Brock Fahrni Pavilion at Women's Hospital. Then I walked down to Broadway for lunch with a friend, then home.

I have visitors from Whistler. They are dear friends whose visit is always welcome.

I have discovered a downside to my fabulous new orthotics—walking is horrible without them. I have also discovered I have to increase my caloric intake if I do not want to lose weight from all the walking.

Tonight's sunset is one of the best so far this year.

 The canopy is retractable for free outdoor performances at The Roundhouse (a former train depot now a cultural centre).

This is a building on the grounds of the hospital complex where Rita lives. What elegant design and I LOVE the typeface.


The local palms are in bloom.

 Magnificence in natural design.

Not like Europe, but food display still always a lovely and colourful sight.

No comments: