|Pee Wee's Playhouse was heaven to watch. Sigh.|
It’s odd to diarize here a life that is as dull as mine. It’s been almost two years since I renounced travelling and four months since my last creative project ended and so far, walking has filled my time. But now the weather has changed.
Reading is great. I love reading, but I feel a little like I rot when I read. I find it very hard to sit still for any length of time. That is why both reading and watching TV is so unfulfilling for me.
The best part of today: Reading a bit about Dorothy Parker. Here are some of her more famous quotes:
- “Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.”
- “Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common.”
- “Tell him I was too fucking busy-- or vice versa.”
- “You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.”
- “It serves me right for putting all my eggs in one bastard.”
- “Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.”
- “I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.”
- “If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn't be at all surprised.”
- “She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.”
- “Living well is the best revenge.