Monday, August 31, 2015

Two Loves: Pee Wee & Dot

Pee Wee's Playhouse was heaven to watch. Sigh.
It’s odd to diarize here a life that is as dull as mine. It’s been almost two years since I renounced travelling and four months since my last creative project ended and so far, walking has filled my time. But now the weather has changed.

Reading is great. I love reading, but I feel a little like I rot when I read. I find it very hard to sit still for any length of time. That is why both reading and watching TV is so unfulfilling for me.

The best part of today: Reading a bit about Dorothy Parker. Here are some of her more famous quotes:
  •          “Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.”
  •           “Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common.”
  •         “Tell him I was too fucking busy-- or vice versa.”
  •          “You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.”
  •          “It serves me right for putting all my eggs in one bastard.”
  •         “Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.”
  •         “I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.”
  •        “If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn't be at all surprised.”
  •        “She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.”
  •        “Living well is the best revenge.

No comments: