Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm a Dinosaur

Bronchiectasis. I have been practising pronouncing it; it sound like the name of a dinosaur. Dr. Leung showed me the CT scans of my lungs to see it. I do not have a very serious case it looks like to me.

I am going to have a biopsy of my lungs. I have had the procedure before; it was one of the worst experiences of my life because I was not sedated. This time, trust me, I am getting sedated. Here's what Wiki says:
Bronchiectasis is a disease state defined by localized, irreversible dilation of part of the bronchial tree caused by destruction of the muscle and elastic tissue. It is classified as an obstructive lung disease, along with emphysemabronchitis, and asthma
Involved bronchi are dilated, inflamed, and easily collapsible, resulting in airway obstruction and impaired clearance of secretions. Bronchiectasis may result from a variety of infective and acquired causes, including severe and recurrent pneumonia, tuberculosis, and cystic fibrosis.[

No comments: