Saturday, November 26, 2016

Tears and Stitches


A teary start to the day because Aurora, the Beluga Whale at the Vancouver Aquarium has died. I am deeply saddened by this news. That’s two dead Belugas in a month. It’s just too sad.
In fifteen minutes, all the electrodes come off. In fifteen minutes, I will be able to have a bath and get all the sticky stuff and tape off my skin and then I have to go all the way out to UBC again today to return the cardiac halter. I am CONFIDENT it will reveal I do not need a pacemaker. I find out on February 6th.
My text sewing is going well but really slowly and the thumb on my right hand wants to quit the mother ship. It hurts like crazy, like gout but in my thumb and I know it is from all the sewing of late: First there was the cheerleader crest (still unfinished) and now the apron text.
I’ve done three lines so far (see above); there are nine-and-a-half lines left to do. Yikes!
I’ve pretty much abandoned the idea of a scripted show. Dwight and I are both thinking that just an exhibition is the route to go. It’s a lot less work.
I’m still confounded by the popularity of this blog (in English) in France. It has to be the photos. Already today, I’ve had 600 hits so I’ll get 800 – 1,000 by the end of the day.
I’m happy about it too because a job I loved very early in my career was as curator of photography for a public gallery I founded (and that is still going strong and about to move into a sparkling new waterfront home).  I kind of curate photos still, but on this blog and so it is lovely to have an audience for them.
















No comments: