Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Weed Wallah

It’s now warmer outside than in during the day. The the next few days are predicted to be even warmer, reaching record-setting highs, and there is still no rain at all in the forecast. It’s worrisome to be so dry so early in the year.
Last night was fun. I watched the election results and the candidate I voted for, won. Now there are two Green MPs in Parliament.
Today’s goals are modest. I expect a phone call today telling me two more cords are arriving tomorrow morning, so I am taking it easy today.
My major focus of the day will be to avoid the media. I’m absolutely confounded by the media’s fascination with the royal family. The birth of the Harry and Megan’s child is not news; the whole family is anathema to me.
I’ve some bulbs to plant and a lot of watering to do, but I’m mostly into weeding and edging now and the attention to these details is spectacular to my eye. But the best part of the day will be my new pleasure—just chilling in the yard. It’s something I’ve never been able to do because I’m a person who likes to be active. But I now love getting a nice big cold drink, a New Yorker and a snack and sitting in the garden reading and listening to music.
I’ve got to try again with my lettuce. My first attempt did not germinate well so I am going to try again in a cooler bed.
Why are our allergies so bad? It’s because most of the trees in our cities are pollen-spreading males that were selected because they "shed no messy seeds, fruits or pods".
There’s some huge movie out (Avengers: End Gameor something like that) that is breaking attendance and earning records. And then there’s Game of Thrones. And worse, the author of GOT says there are three sequels in the works. These entertainments flicker for the multitudes of unconcerned while all the non-human life on our planet slowly disappears. 


















No comments: