Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Caaring for the Birds


Above is a video I shot this morning of activity around my bird feeders. (Hit the full screen button for the best viewing!) The birds are even abundant on the ground. And below is a shot of the light affixed to my hummingbird feeder that keeps the nectar fluid and warm in the cold.


It was up at 4:00 am this morning because I went to bed last night at 6:30. Yesterday was a nasty day. I could not stay awake. I felt absolutely exhausted. All I did all day (other than go on the dog walk and have a spa in the snow) was fall asleep as soon as I sat or lay down. The hour-and-a-half anxiety attack on Sunday night (or whatever that was) sapped all my energy. I slept ten hours Sunday night! Still, all I could do yesterday was sleep.
I was so “tight” I could not even talk to Sheba or the cats. Now that is bad!
Today is a better day, however. It’s snowing lite lovely flakes and it’s supposed to snow again tomorrow. But on Thursday, the rain is due back.
The storm Sunday night was a doozy. I had no idea because I was indoors with the volume up on the radio or TV so I would not hear the wind. But yesterday, when I drove to meet my friends for the dog walk, I could see the trees that had fallen across the road all sawn and piled on the roadside.
And this morning, trees are down across the trail I usually walk on with Sheba. The storm was so bad, our local ferry was stopped for the first time in fifteen years.
Today, my goal is to spend time interacting with Sheba, Fred and Ethel. They got so little attention over the past two days. And so far, so good! I’m better able to speak to them today. Hooray!

This, believe it or not, is an agate.















No comments: