Monday, July 13, 2020

Pineberries


I picked my first Pineberries (white Strawberries) yesterday (above)!
Sunday’s dog walk was glorious but saddened by the loss of one of our members. Boone was a spectacularly lovely Rottweiler who belonged to Marion. He died last Monday, right after our community dog walk the day before. 
Marion has lost her husband and her other dog in the past few years, and last year she fell and broke her hip walking Boonie in the 707 Park and Boonie dragged her to a place in the forest where her cell phone worked, and she could call for help. Now poor Boone is gone. 
When I got home, I got to work “freeing” my Paulownia. I built a nice new “cage” for it to keep deer away and let in more light. The young tree’s enormous leaves needed space to absorb the light it needs to grow as quickly as it can. 
 I spent the rest of the afternoon working in the garden before having a spectacular spa and then settling in for an evening of dinner with PBS.
Today has dawned a lovely day and tomorrow is likely to be the same, so I’ll get started after the dog walk, on the palettes. But I won’t get much done because this afternoon we’re playing Croquet at two o’clock. 
I used gallons of water on the front and edible gardens yesterday, and this morning the cistern was full to the brim. So, the switch I jiggled continues to work well and I’ve no concerns at all about water.


At this time, every summer, the sun shines across my courtyard from an opening in the canopy provided by the cabin next door, and it lights up my fountain. The falling water sparkles in the sunlight and the sight of it makes me feel very good; it reminds me of when I lived in France. I only wish I could have taken a photo this morning when a bird was bathing in it.















No comments: