Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Parksville!

I really enjoyed my day in Parksville yesterday. How could I not? It was a stunning day!

We caught the eight-fifty ferry and when we arrived in Nanaimo, we went directly to a large park on Bowen Road and had a walkabout. Then it was off to Walmart for kitty litter, suet and grass seed in bulk before heading off to Parksville.

Everyone speeds on the highway. I hate that. So, I use the curb lane and cruise control and take the coastal road as much as I can. We went for another walk in the community park in Parksville and watched a baseball game before going to the café to meet Norman and Dana.

It was great to be with long-time theatre friends and talk about times past. Norman and Dana are now neighbours and Norman is keen to visit me here.

The drive home was uneventful, but we had a long wait for the ferry. Poor Sheba was dead to the world; she was so tired she could barely keep her head up. It was great to get home and into the spa before dinner and early to bed.

Today is a day to putter around Pinecone Park.
















No comments: