Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Burgler?

Tuesday was cloudy and dull all morning. I spent most of my time with Bruno. But the sun returned in the afternoon and so Sheba and I went for a lovely walk together. I did no yard work; it was nice to have a day to just relax. And then, in the evening, I went to Dan and Steve’s for dinner. Their place is really a lovely home. They have a beach in front of their house and a huge deck where we ate overlooking the Salish Sea on a lovely warm night. They’ve become great friends.

There is still rain predicted for Friday. I hope it comes! But then it’s back to sunshine again and that means my watering season is not over. What’s really depressing for me, though, it’s waking up in the dark. I get up at 6:00 AM now and it’s very dark. Nothing says Winter is coming more than dark mornings. And this morning was cool—especially inside the house, so I lit a small fire to take the chill off. I love fires in the morning and feeling the heat.

Just after 7:00 this morning, I caught a glimpse of someone in my driveway. I pulled on a hoodie and went to the back door just in time to see the back of someone going into my shed. I thought I was going to be robbed of something, so I opened the door and went out to the shed. Why I did that, I don’t know. I should have just waited and watched I think, in retrospect.

But it was Merrill with Issa on her hip. She’d run out of water, and she knew I had a large vat of water in my shed. I was glad to be able to help a working mom with a toddler through a bit of a domestic crisis. I adore both my neighbours and I couldn’t be happier to help them.

Today I will walk with my friends and our dogs, and at noon, I’m meeting Bev, a friend from my high school days, and we’re going to The Surf for lunch. That’ll be nice. We’ll likely go for a walk somewhere together afterwards.















No comments: