Hot! Hot! Hot! It was too hot to work outside after 14:00 (27°). But before then, I got all the beds very thoroughly soaked and I did some weed whacking. I cleaned up a grassy area over my septic field and part of the edible garden. I shall finish cleaning up the edible garden this morning, and I will rake to remove the cones on the driveway and front yard. Then I will start on the backyard, but what I really want to do is build another gutter bed, this time for wild strawberries.
Our morning walk was fabulous because I now have hardly any pain in my left foot when I walk. I don’t know why my foot got so swollen and sore, but it seems to be back to ‘normal’ — normal with calcific tendonitis. Now, I look forward again to trail walking with Her Highness.
It was a lovely day. There was a breeze until the late afternoon, and because I had the entire day to myself and no pressure to accomplish anything, I felt super happy all day. Late in the afternoon, I kept hoping that I’d hear the ice cream truck coming along Violet Crescent again. But no.
One thing about the hot weather: it makes it very easy to enjoy being inside the house after working in the hot sun. My 16” thick logs keep the house very cool and every room in the house has ceiling fans. It’s a wonderful way to cool down, just coming inside and falling onto the bed or the chaise.
One thing nice about the heat is that I leave my front door (with the screen door locked closed) and the doors to the cattery open all day and night so that I get a nice breeze of fresh fragrant air through the house. Having the doors open makes my morning special because the dawn chorus which begins at 4:30 is audible inside the house and I love it.
Today, My Day, is going to be another hot day. When Sheba and I went for our morning walk, it was already 21·! I’m doing yard work this morning and sweating. I’m finishing up the tidying of the edible garden, the driveway and the front yard, but at 11:00, I’m taking Her Highness to Silva Bay for fish tacos. It’s our Sunday tradition. The afternoon may be too hot for work, but that’s fine with me.















No comments:
Post a Comment