The darkness of the day, and the wetness of everything after overnight rain made me move slowly in the morning. I fed the brood and lit a morning fire, and after posting and some doomscrolling, Her Highness and I went for our morning walk in the 707 Park.
The wood was calling, but I was not keen to work outside. I thought I’d leave the physical work to the afternoon when things might have dried out a bit and it might be brighter, but when the sun came out and I choose to do SPACE work instead. I made videos for my colleagues to use for promoting our Oct. 17th event. I’m made extremely uncomfortable if I watch my videos, but they are done and it’s up to my talented comrades to decide whether to use them.
I went to renew my house insurance, and I was hugely relieved to see that the increase in my premium was acceptable. I have never ever made a claim on either my car or my house insurance, and I get no break for that and it pisses me off.
We went for our afternoon walk at Rollo Park on the way home. The sky had cleared and it was bright and sunny, so when we got home, I enjoyed a lovely soak in the spa before dinner time. Sadly, I have finished watching season sixteen of The Great British Baking Show. I watched it over three evenings and, as always, absolutely loved it. I’ve watched every season, but this time was the most moving because there was a lovely, wonderful woman on the show from Ukraine. And she stuttered!
It’s the contestants who make the show. The hosts are tiresome, the judges are essential and Prue is a delight, but it’s the contestants who make the show so moving and engaging. I love them all. They are so talented and brave. For me, it’s perfect television.
Doug, a long-time friend of Steve and me, is coming to visit on Sunday and Monday. Sunday is our Apple Fair day, so if he’s. here in time to go, that’ll be something we can do. My plan, as per my new way of reducing stress and seizures, is to eat out and/or get pizza and bring it home to eat.
It’s a bright sunny day today. My goal is to load as much of the freshly bucked wood into one of my woodsheds. I’m looking forward to doing the work, and I may split some of the rounds and cancel my order for a person to come to split the wood.
No comments:
Post a Comment