Monday, August 13, 2018

Back to the City

The lot next door remains unsold. “Larry,” whom I met inspecting the lot for a prospective buyer gave me the impression his client was buying, but….  Not sold! As summer passes, the chances it will sell diminish and I’ll have my forest view for winter.
I loved the book, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society,  so I watched the movie of the same name on Netflix. It’s cheesy and romantic and I loved every single sentimental second of it. Lily James is a delight to watch on screen; she is breathtakingly gorgeous and believable in her role. And Michiel Huisman—oh my God, what a handsome sexy man. And two absolutely fabulous golden oldie actors: Tom Courtney and Penelope Wilton.
We had a meeting of the volunteer leaders for the festival on Sunday. We went round that table reporting on our areas of concern. I spoke as Dingo publicly for the first time and it went absolutely fine. (no one giggled.) When I got home, I got the loveliest message from one of the other leaders. She quoted some things I’d said and made some lovely compliments about them, adding why she appreciated them so mcuh. I love living here. Have I said that before?
This morning I got up, and discovered Sheba had thrown up on my bed and the floor. It’s a lousy way to wake up, cleaning vomit and having to do a laundry first thing. But hey, she’s my baby and all that matters is that she seems absolutely in fine form this morning.
I have a very early flight to Vancouver. I’m meeting Bruce for breakfast doing some cat errands and then seeing Dr. S. It’s a beautiful day to be flying. I’m back tonight to prepare for Tim’s arrival tomorrow.


















No comments: