Friday, August 24, 2018

Dog Day and Dinner

I was out at 6:30 for a trail walk with Sheba. I wanted to tucker her out yesterday because of the day indoors on Wednesday. It was clear but there was still a smell of smoke in the air. And even more shocking was the temperature: It was 10°! (Wednesday morning, when I went walking, it was 24°.)
I came home, did the dishes and then headed with her to Drumbeg. I left the house at 9:30 and it was already 18°! We had a nice quiet walk together and then we found Jules and her dog, Fisher, and then we ran into Willow, a puppy Sheba loves to run with. They ran like maniacs and I was thrilled. But she took a header in filthy sooty soil and she turned grey.
Willow, Jules and Fisher departed and I met Jo-Anne and Bill and their handsome Standard Poodle, Angus. Angus is truly majestic! And I really enjoyed meeting J-A and Bill. They moved here last Saturday and considered buying my place before settling on something closer into the village. They said they’d drop by sometime, and I hope they do.
I came home and washed Miss Totally Disgusting and then met Rhonda for coffee and a debriefing about the festival. Then it was home again and another walk with Her Cleanliness and whilst we walked I picked up lots of dried leaves. I hope to make a wreath with them to decorate Pinecone Park. 
I came home, rested a bit and then Patsy came to pick me up to go to The Surf for champagne on the beach and then dinner. It was a spectacularly lovely night.

















No comments: