Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Picnic!



Sunday was cloudy. I went on the big dog walk with Sheba in the morning and then Beth and I left her at home whilst we went into the village for lunch—Beth’s treat!
I’d proposed going to the petroglyphs, but the day was dull and I was tired so we came home and chilled and then we spent our evening indoors. The absence of sunshine made the house cool, so I lit the fire for Beth who was feeling the cold. It made the house super cozy and then, around five, the sun came out. 
I feel incredibly good when the sun shines, and I love Sundays so I was in great spirits. And this Sunday was particularly great, with Beth here to enjoy the Tony Awards with me.
lovedthe Tonys! Beth did too, but she thought it was too long, I, on the other hand, reckon that there is no such thing as too much ice cream. 
I loved seeing Ali Stroker sing “I’m Just a Girl Who Can’t Say No” and then win the Tony for lead actress in a musical, but the standing ovation gave me mixed feelings. Yes, I was thrilled, but I’ve been educated about how we react to the accomplishments of the otherwise abled. I also loved the numbers (except for “Tootsie” and “The Cher Show”) of course. 
Monday morning was cloudy and there was even a light sprinkle of rain. But it cleared up before noon. Sheba and I went on a dog walk and then we came home to chill. Beth worked on her computer and I did some chores and had a nap in the sunshine. Then we went shopping in the village for food for a picnic.
This is my second summer here but last night was my first picnic. I finally used the picnic equipment I bought, perhaps, a decade ago. I finally had good and comfortable friends with whom to get out and under the sun to eat. We had an abundance of food, Prosecco and I had some cake. (Only I eat dessert.) We were right beside the shore, the night was spectacular and totally insect-free and we had chairs and logs on which to sit. I can hardly wait to do it again. It was a spectacular night.

















No comments: