Thursday, June 13, 2019

Recalculating

“Recalculating.” That’s what the GPS service in a car I was riding in said when the driver made a mistake. 
Beth’s visit went really well; its sudden end, as she stepped onto the plane, has me, again, flying solo. Recalculating is what I did yesterday. I’ll do it again when Edwin arrives, and again when he leaves. I enjoy company a lot; I’d have nothing to look forward to, were it not to the visit of my friends. Still, I thrive on solitude.
It was seriously hot yesterday; the sluggish weather may have contributed to my lethargy. I didn’t have the energy for yard work so I did laundry, baked, napped, had two spas and vegetated through the evening and went to bed early.
Today, however, I expect to get back to work on the backyard. It’s a stunning day that won’t be quite as hot as yesterday apparently. I’m keen to work today and have the sunshine and cookies for energy.
First though, a walk with Her Highness and watering.
I watered the vegetables and fruit yesterday morning at 6:00. Then, when I returned home from taking Beth to her seaplane at 11:00, the Peas and my prize Lavender were completely wilted. In heat like yesterday, the gardens of Pinecone Park need constant monitoring. The lawns, however, are on their own and browning.

















No comments: