Friday, July 26, 2019

Back to the Garden


Thursday began with the three of us (Paula, Sheba and I) going on a nice long trail walk. It was a really warm day. That’s all we did. We spent the rest of the day just chatting and hanging out together; Paula left on the 4:00 pm plane. 
After I took her to the plane, I got a fish taco and a soda from the food truck spending the summer at Silva Bay. Both the soda (home made) and taco were absolutely delicious so I’ll be going back often. They have sun umbrellas and picnic tables on the dock, so it’s a stunning location.
I went to bed at 8:00. I was exhausted. Besides seizures, guests induce exhaustion.
Paula helped me with some transplanting; I’ve six Heather plants and six Lavender plants to move and that’s it. But my plan for today is to start working on my incinerator area. With the rest of the backyard looking so good, I want to make my work area presentable.
Future seasons of sunshine will inspire me to keep working on the yard. A pond is a possibility and endless weeding and propagation is a certainty, but I’ve done all I feel needed to be done. Every bit of the yard has purpose—it’s lawn for recreation, driveway/parking or garden. 
Let the playing (and easy maintenance) begin … for the rest of my time here!















No comments: