Monday, October 19, 2020

Recovery

I did my first wet walk with Sheba at eight yesterday morning. I got home and went back to sleep. Once up again, I got to reading my novel. Sundays are my favourite day to be lazy and yesterday I was particularly gentle on myself.

I’m almost finished A Little Life, and in the end, I didn’t think it was so great. I never tired of reading it, however, and I’m grateful for the many hours of reading I enjoyed, but ultimately, I lost interest in the protagonist. 

By afternoon, I felt recovered. I stayed awake all day, ate ‘normal’ food and felt okay, but my stomach does not like me eating. As mild pain returned in the evening, I went to bed early.

This morning, I’m optimistic about my stomach. I’ve eaten and there’s no pain at all! And more good news: There’s likely to be no rain for the next few days so Sheba and I will have lots of dry walks. I’m going dog walking with Di and Regina this morning and then I’m going into the village to do some shopping. I’ll come home to finish reading the novel and take it easy today.

Anika Chebrolu, a 14-year-old freshman at Independence High School in Texas, won the 3M Young Scientist Challengefor identifying a drug to potentially treat COVID-19. 

While in the 8th grade, she developed a molecule that binds to a protein on the SARS-CoV-2 virus that essentially stops the virus from functioning. She was still in middle school when she entered the contest! You can read about her here.


















No comments: