Thursday, September 30, 2021

Hard Domestic Duties

Tuesday was dark and wet. Still, it was lovely and mild and so our morning walking group was happy as we walked in our rain gear through the forest paths.

I came home to read. I’m reading The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao. It won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 2008, and I’m really liking it. The author, Juno Diaz, uses grammatically unusual sentences and lots of Dominican and Hispanic idioms and leaves it to us to figure out what they mean. He also uses a lot of educational footnotes, and I find that unusual in a fictional novel.

Late in the afternoon, the spa repairman got my tub going again as Her Highness and I went for our afternoon walk. 

Today has been a frantic day of domestic duties. I emptied my fridge, took out all the shelves and drawers and washed them all before re-stocking the fridge. The cleaning was long overdue. I also sterilized the microwave, thoroughly cleaned and tidied my pantry and cleaned out the fireplace. Plus, I shopped and vacuumed every room. 

All that activity earned me the right to relax for the rest of the day.
















No comments: