Sunday, July 19, 2026

Mmmmm!!! New Bedding

Joy of joys, real rain came down at 6:30 yesterday morning, and it lasted almost half an hour. I didn’t need to water yesterday and probably not today either. What a great break from the interminable watering this rain has brought.

A couple of months ago, I woke up with an insect bite on my forehead that is still healing. Yesterday morning, I awoke with a painful lower right arm. It’s pink and swollen, but I can find no evidence of a bite. It’s not itchy, so it isn’t a mosquito bite, but something must have done something. Sigh.

I joyfully wrangled my new duvet into its new cover and onto the bed. It is made of flannel that is too thin for my liking, but it’ll have to do. Now, all my bedding is new and sparkling clean. I could hardly wait to go to bed last night.

Just before we headed out for our morning walk, I noticed Sheba licking one of her paws. She’d damaged it and so I bandaged it and abandoned our plans to walk. Instead, I let her run around the yard all day and she went over to Coleen’s to play with Sosa. I’m going to increase her daily dose of prednisone in hopes of helping her feel more comfortable.

We went grocery shopping and then came home as the sky cleared and the sun came out. I did a load of laundry when I got home and hung it up on the line to soak in that fabulous fragrance of the forest that smells so nice when I put on the clothes. And, moving to a different fragrance, I did a tour of the yard to clean up all Sheba’s souvenirs. And then I had a wee nap in the sunshine while Sheba chilled in the shade.

We had lunch after I washed my hands about ten times, and then I did some pruning and weed pulling, but I can’t bend over anymore. It hurts my back too much, so I must kneel down. Everything in the garden beds looks very good right now, after all the rain. The strawberries are growing gangbusters—the plants, not the berries. They’ve all taken to the trough. It’s next year that hopefully will yield fruit. This year is all about root development.

We went to Ali and Pete’s to check on the plants and to do some extra watering. Pete and Ali come home late yesterday. And then I read. Oh, what a luxury it was to stop and to delve into the world of a novel. Then I fed the pets and I got into the spa. Then, the usual.

But, thanks to Beth, I watched Mr. Burton on Kanopy. Toby Jones, Leslie Manville, how could I not like this movie? I loved it. Great actors and a plot about an acting and Richard Burton. Early in the film, Richard has become close to a young woman in his class. One scene has them on a blanket on the beach on a sunny day. They are sitting in the centre of a horizonal shot; the framing of the shot and the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful. The clouds, the brightness of the sun, it took my beath away.

Today is My Day. I shall water this morning and then Her Highness and I will go to Silva Bay for fish tacos. We’re meeting Kris and Steve there. It’s overcast this morning, but I’m certain that it’s going to clear before we meet up.

Life is very, very good!
















No comments: