Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My New Ritual: Walking in the Morning

There were nine herons on a tiny island
in Lost Lagoon.

The dangling seed pods on this tree
in the West End are stunning.
Awesome!  This morning, I was out of the house at 7:30 to walk the seawall. Heaven! I tore over it and  got there, around it and home in 2 hours (taking the bus from Denman and Davie to Burrard and Davie). A record time. I was sweating and soaked when I got on the bus, still it is a beautiful time of day to walk. The scents in the air are strong; no one is walking; all the birds and otters are out and I am interesting to them because I am the first person of the day. And there is no noise. No arguing people, no angry bike riders on the path, no radios… just calm.

Then I went to lunch with friend, David. We went to the smoke shop and I bought all the paraphernalia to "smoke" oil. It is called dabbing and it is an awesome way for a non-drinker and person with lung disease to get high. I got a medical marijuana card and went to a marijuana dispensary (across the street if you don't mind). What a world!

No comments: