Saturday, January 9, 2016

My New Coat

Inappropriate man #2 keeps calling and I keep deflecting but this morning, we were both in the hallway at the same time because of the ant treatment in our building. I stayed firmly distant but I agreed to go into his place. I returned his keys to him.

As we were talking he put his hand on my arm. I kept my arms crossed, firm in my desire to stay distant but he persevered and I succumbed to his charms. It was actually very nice; I look forward to more and I cannot believe I have written that.

Then I went to Boboli where I had seen a coat that went on sale at $1,400.00. I happened by earlier this week and noticed it was on sale for $880.00, but I deferred. I’ve been in torment ever since so today, after a lot of back and forth, I decided to go.


I did not intend to buy it. I intended to see what happened — if it fit, if it might go on sale in the Spring. It was still there and it was my size. It's long, falling well below the knee and … it was marked down to $550.00

It was meant to be; my wait was handsomely rewarded, I think. I don’t think I have ever loved a piece of clothing so much as I love this coat.





No comments: