Sunday, February 17, 2019

Mr. Mellow

I’ve never met anyone who stutters or has psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES). Never. Not one. But I’ve wanted to ever since I clamed down and accepted my condition. I’ve had some quite emotional highs from things I’ve read in the Stuttering Foundation’s magazine that have strengthened my desire to meet others with my symptoms.
Well … I had a taste of what that experience might be like yesterday (in a non-interactive form) by watching a bunch of videos on YouTube that were posted by stutterers and people with PNES. I am definitelynot alone.
It’s 2° outside. I see patches of blue sky and clear signs it will not rain or snow. The big community dog walk this morning will be endurable. Then I come home for another lovely slow quiet day with a roaring fire and my beloved pets.
I’ve been feeling rather high about all the videos I watched yesterday concerning seizures and stuttering. It’s not knowledge gained rather, it’s a lingering emotional mellowing that comes from feeling less weird and not alone.
I’ll have a lovely soak today and just chill like all my winter days.

















No comments: