Thursday, February 28, 2019

Turdeau (that's not a spelling mistake)

Jody Wilson-Raybould just announced her candidacy for Prime Minister. She did so in the form of an account of the “political interference” she experienced as Minister of Justice from her colleagues in her own political party.
She slaughtered her colleagues whilst, at the same time, reminding everyone of her indigenous principals. I watched the whole thing live-streamed, and was amazed.
She’s positioned herself as a pinnacle of integrity; anyone against her will be aligned with a position of “power no matter what the cost.”
One person versus the Liberal party and government; it’s an extraordinary turn of events. He says; she says. She calls herself a “truth-teller;” his every utterance is obfuscation.
The Liberals, now, have no choice: If they want to win the next election: Trudeau will have to go and you-know-who is his ideal replacement. She’s the only one who can save the party, its credibility and its majority in the House.
The weather today looks more promising than yesterday. Yesterday about 100 flakes of snow fell on my property.
But it doesn’t really matter what the weather is. I have lots to do to keep me busy and engaged. (The cookies I made yesterday are delicious.) Yesterday’s big accomplishment was assembling the lush-ish red leather recliner in my office/kitchen. (It affords me a very comfortable way to watch movies on my computer.)
Although it’s -1°, there’s sunshine on the trees and so I’ll dress warmly and work in the yard. Doing work out there is terribly practical because I don’t walk Her Highness; I just open the gate and let her wander next door to play with their free-range dog. 
I’m really happy about this new habit of letting Sheba out to wander and not taking her for a walk. Last summer I found the daily watering of the gardens to be terribly tedious. It took forever. Then I’d have to walk Sheba and the two tasks seemed to take half the day.
Now, though, I realize I can let her roam whilst I attend to the garden. This summer is going to be wonderful! I’ve a much better attitude about the work it takes to keep this place looking fine. And that’s a good thing because I think vegetable gardens can be demanding.
Bring it on!

















No comments: