Monday, May 17, 2021

Laburnum!

Hurrah … clouds! I can’t quite believe that I’ve become someone who gleefully attends rain, but there I was late yesterday evening, cheering over the arrival of grey skies. Our poor island is so dry, I fear for a forest fire. But my enthusiasm was for naught, so far. It hasn’t rained a drop and it’s late Monday afternoon as I post this.

Sunday was wonderful. Jay and I went to the Firetruck food truck for brunch on a glorious day, to meet Eoin and François. We didn’t extend our visit; we just had a lovely hour together. I came home to chill before Zooming with very long-time friends from the theatre. Then I made dinner and lit the fire—more for coziness, than heat, but it has been chilly in the evenings.

Today’s highlight, after walking with my dog pack, was going to the Wheelbarrow Nursery at the south end of the island. It’s a nursery I’ve only patronized once before; they were the only place I could get what I wanted: Rhubarb and a Laburnum tree. I love Laburnums and now I have one of my own. I also got a couple more Blueberry plants, so I’ve quite the Blueberry patch now. 
















No comments: