Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Bird Barf

Wind and FND do not mix well. Yesterday was windy and I could see trees moving in ways that were scary. They always look like they are going to blow right over, and I was quite scared several times. Every so often, a gust comes, and branches, twigs and cones fall and it’s like we’re in a tornado. It is mighty scary and noisy. I could hear trees and branches snapping.

The last cord of wood came right on time, before our dog walk with friends. And it’s nice wood. Once it was dumped, I covered it and then went for our walk. Once home again, I mustered my strength, and started schlepping and stacking. Five loads, rest; five loads, rest, etcetera, etcetera.

Well … I got my wheelbarrow filled with the first load and as I headed for the shed, I noticed how dark the sky had become. And then, as I swung my barrow into the shed, the sky cleared, and we had a total downpour. So, I covered all the wood and headed inside. But, as soon as I had stoked the fire, the sky cleared, and the sun came out. Back to work.

I did two more loads and then the sky was overcast again and then the rain started. But the wind had died down, which was a blessing. So, I stopped to do a bit of reading because the sky gave no indication of a return to blue and bright. And it rained. And it rained. So, I did my taxes and then went into the village to get supplies with which to make donuts. Yum!

At 4:30 I had a signing session with Michelle and at 5:30 the sky cleared, and the sun came out. What a nice way to end the day. But it didn’t end there.

After going to bed, I remembered that I hadn’t emptied the drip catcher in my studio. I’ve a closet in the studio that houses my water filters and pump, and I have a small leak that someday soon I must fix. But for the short term, I have a small bucket catching the drips that must be emptied twice a day.

So, I got up to dump it and when I turned on the lights in the living room, there on the rug was a regurgitated bird. Fred, I suspect, left the gift. 
















No comments: