Thursday, December 21, 2023

Total Compatibility

Wednesday was a lovely day. Paula and David are, as I knew before they came, the most compatible of people. There isn’t a molecule of stress between us. It’s been wonderful. Tuesday night, I could barely speak. I could only function one syllable at a time. Last night, I was fluent most of the time.

David came with Sheba and I to join our friends to trail walk, and then I came home to fetch Paula and David to go shopping for groceries. When we came home, Paula and David went for a walk, and I had a nap on the chaise. When they came back, we had snacks and we watched Escape to the Country. Paula and I love the show and David, being from the UK, has lots to say about both the program and our view of England.

I made a stir fry for dinner, and then we watched a movie. I wore a patch over my eye all day. I am sick of having a sore eye, so I wear the patch. It’s weird at times. I tried to light a candle from a burning candle and without depth perception, it was a mighty challenge.

Tuesday night I had a very physical seizure, and it lasted quite a while. Last night, I had another one that lasted even longer, but it wasn’t quite as violent. Even with people whom I’ve known for decades and love, people with whom I’m 1,000% comfortable, I seize.

The good news: They did nothing. I have no idea what they were doing while I was seizing, but when I came out of it, they were calm and unconcerned. They knew I could handle things, but they asked if I felt okay. It’s an ideal response to my seizing: staying calm and letting my seizure play out. And no one touched me. I prefer that.

Paula leaves today and tonight, David and I go to Eoin’s and François’ place with Jay to have dinner together.






Starlings over Rome, 2018.









No comments: