How was Thursday? How do you like waking up at 3:30?
The rain began at 9:30. Working on the wood was out. What a shame, eh? How sad is it that I felt forced to relax with my wonderful book by Douglas Stuart? Oh, the diligence with which I forced myself onto the chaise to read by the fire! However, I had done a load of laundry and vacuumed everywhere, so I earned my chaise time.
I didn’t read for long. I had my UK support group Zoom call at 10:30, and then it was lunchtime for the brood. After that, heaven: I read for a good long stretch before deciding it was time to go into the village to pick up a prescription. (I have 11 prescription medications that have me constantly needing to go to the pharmacy.)
On my way to the pharmacy, I noticed an elderly gentleman hesitating as he was about to step off the sidewalk and into the parking lot with his groceries in a pushcart. He seemed hesitant, so I asked him if he needed assistance, and he said he did. He was so grateful! He could not stop thanking me. I walked him slowly to his car and helped him inside, and then I fetched his groceries and loaded them into his car. He was so old and unsteady, I asked him if he wanted me to follow him home and help him unload. He said that he could manage.
I felt mighty good about helping the fellow. Then I went into the pharmacy where I had a fair wait to get served, and then I did my grocery shopping, and when I came out, I noticed that the gentleman’s car was still there, so I went to check on him, but the car was empty. So, off home we went.
Next up was our afternoon walk and then a spa for me. I cannot believe how good it feels to get into the nice warm water to soak.
The evening was the usual.
•
This morning, the clouds are back and there’s been more rain. Today, it looks like I’ll be reading a lot because it’s so dark and wet outside. I have chores I can do indoors, and the birds need my attention. I will be washing thoroughly, all the feeders and refilling them.
Doug is apparently coming this Sunday to stay for two nights, Friday the ninth I go to dinner at Dana and Louis’, and Dianne and Bev arrive on the tenth for Thanksgiving. All this coming activity has me feeling slightly anxious. I must do a lot of baking before Dianne and Bev arrive. But hey, a change in routine is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment