Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Good Day


From my kitchen... the fog creeps in...
  1. Actual sunshine got through today. There has been no rain for nine days but nearly all of them have been very foggy. There is nothing but sunny sky predicted for the foreseeable future as well, but fog cannot be predicted so many may be like the past week.
  2. I got an order for 120 books today. That is a good order almost five years after publishing it.
  3. I spent three hours with theatre friends at my friend, Chris', house. Chris is housebound with bone cancer but it is a good news item because in spite of significant pain and mobility challenges, his spirit is strong. We laughed and gossiped and talked about the beauty of life. Perhaps the greatest aspect of visiting Chris is Brent. Brent has moved into Chris's tiny apartment to care for Chris who otherwise would be in palliative care. Brent and Chris are showing us how great a thing we humans can be.
  4. This magnificent radio station I have found in Boston that plays only Broadway show tunes played Thank Heaven for Little Girls. I have so few memories of my poor crazy mother who so dreadfully lost her way, but one is her taking me to see Gigi — twice! That's what probably made me gay.

No comments: