Sunday, October 6, 2013

Do You Know an Amputator?

 Pee.

 Searching for drugs.


I need my back amputated. Know anyone who can do the job?

I have gone from a person who regularly walked three-to-four hours a day to someone who walks two-to-four blocks with rest stops. I swing between optimism when I can feel less pain, to depression when the pain is acute. I hate it. Thank God for books to read.

Last night, I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey and I loved it all over again. Then I watched the series finale of George Gently. GG is a delicious diversion; the actor Lee Engleby who plays Gently's sergeant, John Bacchus, is a fabulous study in acting.

About the photos: Urban life makes me often go to bed dreaming of living in a country cottage in a place like Midsummer or Oxford. One photo is of the garbage dug out of a dumpster across the street from me. I assume it is street people looking for drugs because the garbage is from a medical building. The other photo is of the parking lot right behind me. Every night there are traces of the people who pee at night in the lot and not all are men — trust me, I see it.

No comments: