Saturday, October 26, 2013

BUSY! Day

Proposed new Presentation House Gallery.

I am exhausted and the day is not over...
  1. Teaching from 9:30 to 12:30. It was a good class. My new lesson plans are much better than the old ones. When I went to work, it was low fog. An hour later a glorious sunny day broke out. It is our 19th day without rain in October!
  2. Rush home by cab to meet Laurence, daughter of the most delicious woman in the world, my friend Sylvie. Laurence is 20 and here for a conference. I took her to an Asian lunch that she really liked and then I got a co-op car and we drove around looking at the city. She is a delight.
  3. Friend Dana sent me a link to an article about Presentation House Art Gallery's plans for a beautiful new building on the waterfront. The article references my work: establishing the photography mandate and several shows. It makes me happy and proud that an idea of mine has such legs.
  4. More proof I am old: I found an iPhone on the way home from teaching today. I didn't know what to do and in the meantime, its owner was getting text message after text message. So when I got home, I knocked on my handsome young neighbour's door (I use any excuse) and he answered the incoming textures and took over the job of returning to the owner.
  5. One of these days the phone is going to ring or an email is going to arrive saying either: We want to produce your play, or not. With you in it (or not). This is going to happen to me twice soon. I wait; I am busy, thank God.
  6. Next up: I go to dinner with friend, Dianne. This old man hasn't had this busy a day in a long time.

No comments: