Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A-Day

We did it. What an awesome day.

Costin got here about 10:00 and stayed until 3:45. He set up the hardware for the pump, filter and carbon dioxide pump and the put all the sand and gravel in the bottom. Then we went to Aquariums West to get the rest of the supplies — the rocks and plants. It was really fun choosing the plants. It was like a birthday or Christmas.

Costin will be coming every two weeks to do maintenance. He is an actor. I am ecstatic about that. For the next two weeks, no fish go in the tank. For two weeks, we let the plants take. Then shrimp and other algae eaters go in and then a few days later, my fist get their new home. Have I mentioned how excited I am? I though walking was fun. I thought baking was fun.

Costin setting up the tanks.

Doing the planting.

The new aquatic garden. What has not been installed yet, is all the grass that will cover the black sand you can see in this photo. Several of these plants will grow up to be the full height of the aquarium. What you see now is raw. In three months it will look like a long established aquatic paradise.

No comments: