Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dear Chris

The St. Joseph's Grade Eight Girls Field Hockey Team. Actually (back row; left to right) Chris, me as the coach, Steve, my ex and in front, Mel (left) and Eric. (It was Halloween.) Chris was the jock, Steve was the bad girl, Mel was the academic girl and Eric was the pious girl.

It's Sunday. Late Tuesday night my friend Chris went into the Palliative Care ward at St. Paul's. His only wish is to never be alone so I go for a few hours every day. Each day he has 20 - 30 visitors so he is happy. Every day has been different and today was difficult for everyone. I am either seeing rapid decline or the dramatic result of significant pain medication or both. Hence my absence from this blog and my acute awareness of the beauty and brevity of life.

No comments: