Thursday, November 20, 2014

Skin and Heat

TigerPaw Peppers

I have just come through my second bout of "allergic" reaction. This time the rash was my entire lower left leg. First it becomes incredibly itchy, then when I scratch it, it becomes very bumpy with little pimples that turn bright red. Thanks to going to my doctor the first time, I have a strong steroid cream with which to fight the spread of the rash.

Yesterday afternoon, I did some cooking before going to school to teach and because I have found jalapeƱo peppers rather unsatisfying, I decided to up my game and so I bought some TigerPaw peppers to whilst doing the preparation, I used my hands. BIG mistake. I burnt my hands. I could not bear to have them near anything warm and it lasted about five hours. It was AWFUL. I am amazed they are sold without a warning label. Holy crap.

TigerPaw peppers have between 265,000 and 328,000 Scoville Units. JalapeƱos have only between 2,500 and 10,000 Scoville Units.

No comments: