Monday, January 12, 2015

Dîner et un film!

It's tax time, HOORAY!!! You don't often hear someone excited about tax time, but I just had my annual chat with the accountant who does my taxes.

I do not mind paying my taxes. I think of them as country club fees to belong to one of the best clubs in the world and because Warren and I entered the Praxis Screenwriters Competition and won a finalist position, and because that status is posted online for my accountant to see, I can now write off all my movie admission tickets legally, ethically and morally. And it gets better. All those Emerenegildo Zegna clothes I bought, if I wear them in my show in June, are tax deductible. All I have to do is take photos of me in them in performance (to cover my butt). Woo hoo.

Last night my friends John and Bunny and I went to a fun Italian film—the Vancity theatre, the home theatre of the Vancouver International Film Festival, is two three blocks from my house and right now the Italian Film Festival is on. We saw Travelling Solo and afterwards we went to Le Comptoir, the French bistro garnering rave reviews here. It is a truly Parisienne experience, and when duck is on the menu, I am helpless. John had pheasant and Bunny had fish.

It was an impromptu evening. It was the most interesting film I wanted to see, J&B love all things Italian, I'd been doing nothing and has not seen anyone for days,  so I proposed the film and J&B were immediately enthusiastic. It was their idea to go to Le Comptoir after and they treated me. What a fabulous night!

And this morning: A production meeting about Trudeau, the Felons & Me. So that is exciting. I am bound to come out of it with interesting information and some concrete plans.

And this week, either Warren and I meet with Brad or we don't.




No comments: