Thursday, January 31, 2019

Another Eagle Has Landed

After a day of chillin’, I’m feeling human again. My “broken” brain can’t handle much any more. People use the term “overwhelmed” often. I did. But now that term has new meaning.
A couple of times since the onset of my condition, I have felt a deeply disturbing sense of being incapable of going on and I consider drastic action: I want to get rid of my pets, move and hide away from everyone and everything. “Overwhelming” is a term that has new, and frightening, meaning. It’s an intolerable feeling. I had that feeling just the other day and it takes a longtime to forget.
There’s been an Eagle in my front yard all morning and the neighbourhood is short one small animal. I can’t tell what it is or if it’s a pet or wild; it’s right across the street and the Eagle’s been eating it. As with the deer carcass, it is stunning to see these absolutely majestic birds so close. When the carcass became small enough, he flew away with it.
I’m thrilled that the solution for clearing out my hot tub has arrived already. I’ll treat and drain the spa again tomorrow and on Saturday morning another fresh 400 gallons of water arrives. Saturday night, I spa!
My first raised bed arrived and it’s a beauty. I can sit on the edges and plant and weed. I think it is gorgeous as well as practical. I can hardly wait to get the soil and get my Apple trees moved into the space.
















No comments: