Monday, June 15, 2015

Closing with a Matinée

Yesterday: What a day!

I booked a co-op car to go to work to do the last show so that I could bring a lot of the costumes and my clothes home. The audience was, as usual, small but receptive and they got a show that started off rather rough but we recovered well.

John and Bunny arrived, as planned, at 4:50 to help so we loaded up their car with all the stuff that would not fit in mine. We came home, unloaded both cars, returned my car to the co-op lot and then settled in for snacks and Prosecco. John had made and brought delicious little feta cheese snacks for us.

Then we went to Bishops. It was wonderful and a great way to celebrate the end of a huge, huge ten-month-long project.
This morning I have awakened to a living room full of mannequins wearing well-worn costumes. They stood up to the wear and tear of the show extremely well but now I have to decide what to do with them. If I had a yard and it were legal, I would, I think, have a bonfire and photograph them as they burn. But I can’t do that.

I might keep them until Pride in case Steve and I wear them to an event for a lark but they have to go from my living room. I love them, they have a soul to me but they are part of the past now and have to go somewhere so today’s task is to cull things from my locker in hopes of giving them a home there whilst I contemplate their fate.

No comments: