Friday, October 27, 2017

R.I.P. Leon


Today he let me know it was time. I drove to the vet but I could not get through the door. It was just so incredibly hard. And when I did get inside all I could do was cry. We came home and lay on the couch together; with him on my chest. That’s what I’ll remember, that last lie down together. Then I took him in. I could not hold him, God forgive me. I’d hyperventilate if I did and maybe seize.
What a love we had. What a fabulous perfect life we had together. What an ideal friend he was and how honored was I that he chose me!
When I came home I put his scratching post/bed, his blanket on the hearth and his dishes in the shed where I wouldn’t see them for a while.
I glad it was sunny. I’m glad I’m here. I’m glad for every minute he was in my life. I’m really glad I have to fetch Paula and will have her company this weekend to keep my spirits up.

No comments: