Sunday, February 1, 2015

Dimanche matin

After every meal I crave something sweet. I cannot be alone; that has to be why we have desserts. There must be something about us humans that makes us want a sweet taste after savory. Often after indulging my craving, I feel guilty.

It is the same with writing. Right after getting up each morning, I want to write. It is my favourite thing to do between rising and daylight. The desire comes every morning like an itch that must be scratched and this morning, as my fingers peck, I am listening to and watching a video of Bette Midler’s last performance at the Continental Baths and rediscovering why she is Divine.

It is Sunday and tomorrow another week starts. I am supposed to have our first negotiation meeting for the Monkey screenplay and I have to re-write Trudeau. I had so much fun making Vivicean’s costume that I did not want to write again. I wanted to get right into making Basil’s costume but if I re-write first, I will know who is playing Basil and I’ll be able to make-to-size.


So this morning I perused the last draft and I am excited about re-working it. Costume making will be forever a passion but it will not replace writing, it is motivating it. I had thought that Trudeau would be my last play but I don’t think that way now. I am stoked to write another as soon as this one is done and I am driven to it specifically in order to make the costumes. So I want to go big.

No comments: