Friday, February 20, 2015

Optioned!!

I woke excited that it was Meeting Day for our screenplay. I jumped at the chance to walk the seawall for good karma, and it was a great way to start the day because (as you can see below) there was no one on the wall today; Fridays are consistently the least busy days on the wall.

Outside Brad's office was a gorgeous Magnolia in bloom. Another good omen. And the meeting was fabulous.  I liked Brad a lot. I found him open and he seems very honest. He is sending us an option agreement to sign next week. And once we sign, we will meet every two months to be updated. 

This is his plan:
  • Secure a Canadian partner and he has a specific woman in mind from Quebec with whom he has worked before.
  • Apply to Telefilm which he has never done before. He feels our script is the right one to open those doors with.
  • In the Fall, he goes to France  to secure a French partner. He has two people in mind.
  • Produce in 2016.
  • Change the title. He wants a title that suggests a journey.
I know, I know... there are many hurdles to overcome. But we have already overcome many.
Regardless of the ultimate outcome, I am thrilled and proud to have come this far.
Warren and I are going out to Hawksworth to celebrate signing our deal.




Not a footprint.

A waitress at lunch has a beautifully fitting dress on for Chinese New Year.



No comments: