Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tuesday

Vancouver's new bike racks.
Yesterday I walked the seawall and it was spectacular because there was no one on it whereas on Sunday it felt like the entire population of the city was on the wall. I am far happier when there are fewer people. And then I met Bruce and Annabel for lunch.

After walking 24K on Sunday, I was quite tired and my Monday walk felt laboured so feeling back in full form yesterday was a relief. The mildness of this winter has meant I have not lost strength in my legs from last year's many walks.

It's Wednesday morning and I still do not have a confirmed time and place for the meeting with Brad's production team that was rumoured for Friday.
I am executor of Rita Ferguson's estate. In early January, my lawyer requested that VanCity close Rita's bank account and forward the money to them. The bank said I needed to have the beneficiaries sign a notarized form so I sent the form first to Oklahoma and then to Oliver, BC so that Rita's children could sign it. On February 3rd, I took the signed form to VanCity so that they could release the funds.

Yesterday it was February 17th and I discovered that the woman at the bank had done nothing since I delivered the forms. I was incredulous and so she did it yesterday, but fuck, what has happened to the world?

No comments: