Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I Care Again



So many new people.

The swearing-in of the new parliament was moving and inspiring. Watch. Jody Wilson-Raybauld will be the Prime Minister one day. You wait. Seeing so many inspiring women sworn in was uplifting, as was watching Navdeep Singh Bains swear his oath and learning about the backgrounds of Hunter Tootoo, Harjit Sajjan, Amarjeet Sohi and Carla Qualtrough.

Seeing Margaret Trudeau back on Parliament Hill and her pride in her son and her son mouthing "I love you" to her right after being sworn in was an epic high for me. So, so much water under the bridge.

And for me, hearing my Prime Minister speak French so naturally is heaven. English is the language of my head but French is the language of my heart. When even the clerks spoke in French, it was like being home.

I am truly inspired. I care again and have hope and pride again in my country and my leaders. It is a wonderful feeling.

No comments: