Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Despair

 Monday became a beautiful bright and sunny day, so of course I was very happy to be schlepping and stacking wood in dry comfort. However, I’m committed to going slowly. There’s no rush to finish it super quickly. I have a week to get these two cords stacked before the last cord arrives next week.

I did ten loads and then went into the village to get some groceries (after my sweat dried). Man, I was hot even though I was wearing a light top and shorts. I did ten more loads when we got home, and then quit for the day. I loved getting into the spa, and then having dinner followed by sinking into a comfy chair to have dinner and watch the Oscars (recorded).

It felt good to get the loads done. It feels very, very good to be in shorts and a tee in the sunshine. There is a shitload of work to be done in the yard, and every nice day, I’m going to get to it once the wood is stacked. I miss studying and I feel guilty every day I don’t work but I’ve done well in two intense months, and I let all everything else go. It’s time to get caught up and then get back to ASL.


At about 7:30 last night, I heard a loud rumbling noise, and I knew immediately what had happened. My long row of stacked wood fell over and knocked down the second row of stacked wood I was building that ran parallel to it. Two days of work, crashed to the floor. It’s a total mess in the shed and now I must work every day all week to be ready for the next delivery of wood. Sigh. Double sigh.

You may not be able to tell in the photo above, but the stack closest to the back wall has collapsed into the second stack. I have to take out all that remains stacked, to start all over from the beginning. Oh, my arms despair.
















No comments: