Friday, January 19, 2024

Let the Melting Begin!

Well … thankfully, it did not snow through Wednesday night. It didn’t start snowing again until Thursday morning, but HH and I managed to get to Nester’s for some groceries and then we had a short walk on a trail that was relatively free of snow and ice. I thought we wouldn’t walk far, but I wanted to give her some exercise. When I finally decided to turn back, Sheba bolted ahead, giving me the impression walking in the snow wasn’t really her thing.

I’m keeping the birds fed, and lots and lots of them are keeping me entertained through these cold days. They are stunningly beautiful, especially the Thrushes and the Towhees. It snowed all day, but the flakes were tiny and dry so there was not a hell of a lot of accumulation. And thank God for that. 

This morning it is 1° and no negative temperatures are predicted in the week ahead. All there is in the forecast is rain and afternoon temperatures at about 8°. It’s over, now the snow on the ground has to melt and I’ll be happy. 

I must drive into the village this morning. I have an eye appointment at 9:00 to check my vision after the cataract operation. And for the rest of the day, it’ll be reading and domestic chores. I’ll be taking HH for two walks today though. We’ll be walking the trail close to home that is relatively free of snow.

When I go out for wood, I revel in the sound of dripping water.















No comments: