Sunday, January 7, 2024

My Dull Life


Saturday, as I mentioned in yesterday’s post, dawned beautifully bright and sunny, but it was cold. When I rose, the sky was full of stars; I knew it would be a lovely day. But the cold made me long for a day by the fire, so I lit a big one to really warm up the house.

When it came time to walk with Her Highness, I wore a warm coat and gloves. Our walk was an almost divine experience. I realize that although I love my walking pals, it is wonderful to walk alone with Sheba. I appreciate the silence, walking at my own pace, and being free of the idle chatter we undertake when we walk as a group. Plus, Di, who is slightly deaf and often walks without her hearing aids, talks mighty loudly.

The silence, the clarity of the air, the birdsong, the fragrances, all these wonderful aspects of forest walking made yesterday morning’s walk a spectacular one. The highlight of the morning was coming upon some kind of fungus that is shockingly bright yellow, and delicate. I had never seen it before. When I got home, it was time for fireside reading.

All the rest of the day was spent reading, but we went to Rollo Park for fetch in the afternoon. All day, and all day on Friday, I thought about Norman. His friends and family have been posting photos and memories on Facebook, most of which make me cry. 

I’m not sure what to do about blogging. Now that my life is so small, there is little to write about. I got into blogging to record the process of things I was making and of the places I was visiting, but now every day is spent in this wonderful home, and I do nothing worth talking about. Perhaps I’ll just blog less regularly. We’ll see….

Today, we walk with our big group, and later I Zoom with theatre pals. 



The only reason I went to Namibia was because I had the
time and it was close to South Africa where I'd been with
Steve. I am SO glad I went. It is a highly unique country
that is full of glorious sights, but the Namib is tops!












No comments: