Monday, January 1, 2024

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Fucking hell, listen to that high note towards the end (the word ‘divine’), and listen to the clarity of his consonants. He has been taught well. This is Malakai Bayoh singing with Aled Jones. What a voice—until puberty!

I’ve little on which to report. My days pass easily, but my time is filled with the minutiae of life. Saturday night was a spectacular night of laughter and stories amongst friends. Kris and Steve hosted us, and I told everyone at an appropriate time of all Kris has done for me. The assembled included my dear friend Stacy and her man friend, Bryce, two delightful neighbours neighbours of Kris and Steve, Karen and Gavin, who are terrific people, Steve’s brother, Fraser, who’s an absolute gas, and Nancy, my constant companion when I see Kris and Steve or Stacy. They are all great, wonderful people. I am very, very lucky to know them all.

And speaking of terrific people, Sunday night was terrific fun because I went to Woodfire restaurant (the best one on the island) with Jay, Eoin and François, my gay posse. Again, laughs ruled. We had a blast, and our evening ended early so I was in bed and sound asleep before midnight.

Today has dawned bright and sunny, and the mild temperatures of our El Niño Winter continue. I am very happy to have no social engagements today. Yesterday, I had two long naps, and that is unusual for me. I think it is from all the socializing with David and then the dinner at Kris and Steve’s. I’ve had quite a few seizures of late as well, and they exhaust me. I look forward to reading on the chaise later, but first there’s the dog walk with friends and then I go to Jay’s to fetch some unused pillows he bought by mistake long ago.











We have these little tree frogs in abundance here.





No comments: