Thursday: Beth arrival day. The pets got me up at 4:30, and I got busy with feeding the brood, posting, making a Greek salad and toting the last of the forest fall that I had raked into piles in the yard. Then Her Highness and I went for our morning walk.
When we returned, I found Nancy painting the address numbers on the sign I have at the front of my driveway. She’d been painting at her house using black paint and only had a tiny bit left, so she used it up making my address sign much more visible. I love my neighbours!
Just as I was wrapping up the last of my meal prep (chopping up herbs from my garden to put on the top of my croques), Beth called on Facetime. She was a foot passenger on the 11:15 ferry from Nanaimo, so she arrived here at 11:35, and our holiday together got underway!!
We stopped at the village so that she could get some wine to have at our daily happy hours together, and I got some red wine vinegar for the Greek salad. Then we came home to Pinecone Park which, I have to say, was looking mighty good to me—and to her. She was very generous in her appreciation of my work to make my yard a park-like place to relax.
The croque monsieurs were fabulous! I loved mine and will make them for myself again. They were just delicious. (I added tomato to my version, and I was pleased to have done so!) We had some of the galette for dessert, and then I took Beth to Malaspina Galleries to see the rock formations.
It was beautiful at The Galleries. There were lots of tourists, all of them having a great time. People were swimming in the sea! We had a lovely walkabout together and with Sheba, and then we came home so Beth could have a nap. O proposed that we get pizzas and eat at home, and Beth was more than enthusiastic for the plan.
While I fetched the pizzas, Beth had a spa. Then we had dinner, finishing the Greek salad that I’d made for lunch with our pizza, and we had galette for dessert. Then we watched a movie, chatted and we both went to bed early.
This morning, Beth will join my friends and I for our morning dog walk. I shall see if Sheba is up for a longer walk. If not, we’ll take a short walk and come home. We might go for lunch at The Surf and take a table on the lawn.
















No comments:
Post a Comment