When I woke up on Thursday, the sky was clear and full of twinkling stars. It was beautiful! I thought I’d feed the pets and tidy up and then have an early morning spa in the dark. But no. Within half an hour, the sky had filled with clouds and rain—real rain—began falling.
I lit a small fire to make the house cozy on a dark and wet day. When the rain turned to light rain, Her Highness and I went for our morning walk. Then, just past noon when the sun returned, we went for another walk. When we got home, I did some yard work and then I got onto the chaise and into my book, Angle of Repose. In the evening, I watched The Devil Wears Prada 2 because it was free. I hated it.
For a long time now, I have been stable. My speech has not changed at all since February. I’ve been using the phone on rare occasions; it’s a huge step forward for me to be able to make non-video calls. I stutter rather badly when I use the phone, but I can succeed, and that thrills me.
Even better, I rarely seize. When Steve was here, I seized three times on the first day he was here, but never again during his stay, and I didn’t have a single seizure when Beth came to stay. Recovery is so incredibly slow, I don’t notice it until recently when I found myself able to try using the phone.
I’m still mute when I go off island, but it’s so incredibly rare that I leave here, it doesn’t bother me to be mute/ When I went for my bone scan, they knew about my speech and my visit went very smoothly. On Wednesday, I go to the pacemaker clinic at Nanaimo General Hospital (NGH), and I’ll be mute there as well, but notes on my iPhone work excellently. What I don’t like at the NGH, is how often the clerks don’t look up when I am checking in. They are looking at their screen while I am trying to show them a note, and sometimes the clerks are rude because I am not answering.
Today, we will walk with our friends, I will Zoom with Aidan, and I will make a curried rice salad because tomorrow, I go to Pete and Ali’s for a luncheon with them and other neighbours.















No comments:
Post a Comment