Monday, August 3, 2026

My Day was Good!

Sunday was terrific! It began with rather iffy weather, but by the time Sheba and I left to go to Silva Bay for fish tacos, the sky had cleared and the warm sunshine felt wonderfully welcome. 

Early in the day, Sheba and I had our morning walk. I use every walk as an opportunity to observe her and evaluate her comfort. I’m concerned that long walks are not good for her. She lags behind as we walk and I worry that she has pain in her back legs. We are scheduled to walk with our friends this morning, but I doubt that we will do the long walk.

It was My Day yesterday, so there was little work and lots of reading and napping. The one chore of the day was adding chicken wire to the fence around my edible garden. A deer had decimated one Clematis and many of my strawberry plants, so I added chicken wire to prevent them from getting at the plants that use the fence for support. I’ve more to do today: I must protect the wild strawberries on another fence.

When we went to Silva Bay, I was first in line at the food truck. I got my tacos and went to a table in the sunshine to eat and soon, Stacy came by with Tosca who has really grown in the two weeks since I last saw her. Tosca is Stacey’s new Great Dane puppy. She is gorgeous and loving and I am, of course, smitten.

Stace didn’t stay long but we had a nice short visit, but shortly after she left, Bonnie and Sue arrived with their daughter Darcy. I really enjoy Bonnie and Sue’s company. I am thrilled that they are moving here and not far from me. They are putting in an offer on a house on North Road and listing their home in Kelowna right away.

Fuck! It’s going to get hot starting tomorrow. The rest of the week is likely to be in the high twenties and around 30° on Wednesday. Sigh. There’s be endless watering for me. I start again with endless watering today. I’ll also be tidying up the yard for Beth’s arrival.
















No comments: