Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Short Bits

Bring back these times and give me
lots of money and a good birth.
Bit by bit,
Putting it together...
Piece by Piece-
Only way to make a work of art.
Every moment makes a contribution,
Every little detail plays a part.
Having just a vision's no solution,
Everything depends on execution:
Putting it together-
That's what counts!

Stephen Sondheim wrote these words in the voice of Georges Seurat but for me, they are as eloquent a statement about the making of a life as they are about the making of art. They come to mind during periods of angst such as the one in which I currently find myself.

Art isn't easy.
Even if you're smart.
You think it's all put together,
But then something falls apart
Art isn't easy.
I have a new axiom: People who live in glass houses (me) should not live near people who throw rocks (a neighbour).
I love wearing my new cologne. I wore it for the first time last night and I felt the tug of white patten belts & shoes, shag rug and polyester pants.

No comments: